Spray Tan Instructions
What to do before a spray tan
While the Paradise Tan airbrush tanning process is quick and painless, there are a few things you should do to prep your skin for the spray tan. Follow these prep instructions to ensure your spray tan will look flawless, luminous, and last so much longer.
1. Complete all other beauty services prior to your appointment (pedicures, manicures, blow-outs, massages, waxing/laser hair removal, facials, etc.)
2. Shower with a spray tan approved cleanser or exfoliator, shave any unwanted body hair, and exfoliate minimum four hours prior to your spray tanning appointment. If you must shower do so up to 4 hours before your appointment, and finish off with a cold rinse to close those pores. DO NOT use any dove, dial, or bath and body works products; that will create an invisible barrier on the skin causing the spray tan to not go on as evenly.
3. Be sure to arrive at your appointment free of any deodorant, perfume, moisturizer, oils, or makeup as these products will act as a barrier between your tan and your skin.
4. Wear dark, loose clothing, and open-toed sandals after your appointment. No denim, yoga pants, bras, etc. Anything tight will cause friction against the spray tan on the skin making it uneven. Please note that the Bronzer in the solution is only temporary but it may transfer to your items so make sure they are 100% cotton or it will come right out in the wash.
5. Women may tan however they feel most comfortable. Men must wear undergarments - No exceptions. Disposables are available upon request.
6. The most common side effect clients experience is becoming addicted to spray tanning.
What to do after a spray tan
After your sunless tanning session at Paradise Tan, we know that you are going to look and feel amazing! To make sure your spray tan lasts as long as possible follow these aftercare instructions for maximum results.
1. Avoid moisture until your initial rinse. This means no showers, working out, lotions, or liquid foundations on the skin. If you have pets do not let them lick you!
2. If you got a Classic Tan, rinse in 8-12 hours. If you received a Rapid Tan, rinse in 2-4 hours depending on your desired darkness level. Rinse with lukewarm water and do not use any products - You will see the bronzer wash down the drain but do not fear it is only the cosmetic bronzer that works as a toner so it must come off completely. Pat yourself dry, and don't rub or scrub with anything except your hands.
3. The Classic Tan will be fully developed post-rinse and you may moisturize after. The Rapid Tan will take an additional 8-12 hours to fully develop post-rinse. Please wait until the next day to moisturize after your tan is fully developed.
4. Apply a SPRAY TAN APPROVED moisturizer morning and night after full development. When showering use the proper SPRAY TAN APPROVED cleanser.
5. To preserve your tan, avoid swimming, long hot showers/baths, saunas, and excessive sweating. If you are swimming use ONLY spray tan approved SPF.
6. Don't exfoliate until your tan is at the tail end of its life!
You deserve the best
Maintain your perfect glow with some of our favorite products.
We'll make you
like the goddess you are.